Long Beach, St. Mark’s Anglican School

Schools in the community were owned by the church. The first school in Long Beach was the Anglican school built in the 1800s. It also served as the church chapel. This school was located on the hill between the present church and the old Anglican cemetery. The second school was built near the beach. It was later sold for $75.00 and floated to Island Cove. The third, and final Anglican school, was built near the church in 1948-1949. It closed in 1977 and became the community hall. It was later sold to Howard Vey and torn down. The teacher at the time of closure was Myrna Vey who taught there for 13 years.