The Evening Herald, 1916

January 7, 1916

Child Fires House

This forenoon the Central and West End fire brigades were called to No. 22 Gear Street, where a fire was in progress In the house owned and occupied by Joseph Drodge. The blaze was caused by Mr. Drodge’s 3- year-old son Archibald lighting a small piece of wood at the kitchen tire and throwing it Into a cupboard amongst a quantity of paper and clothes. The firemen soon had the blaze under control and very little damage was done. The house was insured with the Nova Scotia Fire Insurance Co., represented here by Messrs. Steer Bros.

 

 

_____________________

February 2, 1916-02-02, Page 6

Destructive Fire

The Minister of Justice received a message last night from Hillview, Trinity Bay, informing him that a house owned by Eleazer Gosse of Queen’s Cove, Random, was destroyed by fire on Sunday night. The entire contents of the place including $200 in cash were destroyed and there was no insurance. The loss to the owner is about $1000.

 

_____________________

 

Transcribed by Wanda Garrett, February 2021; Updated April 2021

These transcriptions may contain human errors. As always, confirm these as you would any other source material.